Terms & Conditions
Room Hire Terms and Conditions
1. Payment: Homelands Trust-Fife SCIO (hereinafter referred to as “Homelands”) requires payment for all room hire prior to the room being used.
On receipt of your booking Homelands will issue you with a VAT invoice for the amount of your booking. The full balance is due by no later than 48 hours after your booking has been made. If the balance is not received in full by the due date, Homelands reserves the right to cancel room booking without notice.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation/invoice sent to you by post or email.
To qualify for free room hire under our local charity scheme proof of charitable /non profit status and address will be required.
If you pay by cheque we will charge £3 for each payment made this way to recover the cost of administering a cheque payment. If your payment is not honoured for any reason whatsoever, we are entitled to make an administration charge of 2.5%
2. Cancellations: Please inform us immediately by telephone or email if you must for any reason to cancel your booking. Cancellation by telephone must be confirmed in writing within five working days.
Notification in writing of a cancellation at least 48 hours in advance of your booking will be free of charge. If you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival there will be no refund of any payment made. (nb there will be no refunds for cheque payment charges at any stage).
3. Adverse Travel Conditions: Bad weather can often affect travel plans. Homelands cannot be held responsible for the non-arrival of clients in the event of plane, road or rail disruptions due to adverse weather conditions, technical faults/ breakdowns or any form of industrial action. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
4. Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommend that you take out your own event cancellation insurance.
5. Help and Assistance: Should you require any assistance or information, a member of staff is usually available between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and between 10am and 4pm on a Saturday in the Paxton Centre.
6. Parking: There is limited parking space at the Paxton Centre and we prioritise parking for blue badge holders. We therefore cannot guarantee that there will be paring available at the Paxton Centre and you may need to park in the surrounding streets.
7. Smoking: Smoking is not permitted at the Paxton Centre or anywhere in the grounds of the Homelands estate.
8. Personal injury: Homelands will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss / damage to personal property during your stay.
9. Conduct: Please consider the enjoyment and privacy of other visitors and our neighbours during you time at the Paxton Centre, we reserve the right to ask anyone causing disruption to our guests leave the Estate immediately.
10. Complaints: It is the policy of Homelands to encourage and support Guests, Visitors, Staff and Volunteers to use the complaints procedure if they are unhappy with any aspect of the service. Should a problem occur whilst you with us please inform a member of staff immediately in order to give us the opportunity to resolve the issue, this can be done during office hours at the Paxton Centre reception or out with office hours by calling the emergency contact number on 01333 329039. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint immediately you must put your complaint in writing to the General Manager, Homelands, 14a Links Road, Lundin Links, KY8 6AT within 28 days of your room booking quoting your invoice reference and giving all relevant information, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 14 working days and reply fully within 28 days.
11. What is included: The booking secures the use of the room and its facilities for the agreed hire period. Wi-Fi is available, however this facility cannot be guaranteed to be available at all times due to the unpredictability of Service Providers in the area. Tea Coffee and Biscuits are supplied for the number of people in your party and is included in the cost of your booking, however. Supplementary catering (lunch etc.) is not included and must be booked separately.
12. Circumstances beyond our control: At the time of booking you will be given the name of the room reserved for you. However, Homelands reserves the right to move you to another room with the guarantee that it will be of the same size or larger.
If for any reason a room has been rendered unsuitable for use (e.g. water damage/fire damage, break down of heating system etc.) on the date booked, we will endeavour to offer an alternative room, alternative dates, or offer a refund of all monies paid by the client.
13. Works and maintenance: At times it may be necessary for Homelands staff or contractors to access the room for maintenance/servicing of the property or equipment. All work will be carried out with a minimum of disruption to guests. There will be regular fire alarm tests and you will be informed on arrival as to if these are being held during the time of your booking.
14. Marketing: Homelands retains information collected and may use it to provide you with information about the Trust and its activities providing you have given us permission to do so (please see our full privacy statement at https://www.homelands-fife.co.uk/privacy-policy/ ). We also appreciate your honest feedback for improvements; therefore, we may send you a questionnaire about your stay with us. We will never pass your information on to third parties.
15. Wi-Fi: Homelands cannot guarantee the provision of Wi-Fi at all times due to the unpredictability of Service Providers in the area.
16. These room hire booking conditions were published in July 2018 and supersede all previous editions.